Setting a dose regimen
Upon opening the page, the following screen will show:
Three dose settings representing three different therapeutic doses can be seen above, shown in descending order by volume. The components on the screen are:
- ‘Number of dose settings’ menu: click to change how many dose settings are on the page to match your requirements.
- ‘Order’ menu: click to change whether dose settings are arranged in ascending or descending order of volume.
- Notification message: This message shows whether the doses chosen fit together on a standard configuration. If there are any errors, the text will update to describe what errors have occurred.
- An orangemessage indicates that custom text dimensions/symbols are required for for one or more doses in the current dose regimen.
- A redmessage indicates that a mechanics error has occurred within the dose regimen, meaning that this combination of doses is not possible.
- A purplemessage means that a custom pen configuration is necessary for the selected doses, which would require tooling changes for five components in the D-Flex pen.
The components are as follows:
- Slider handle: click and drag this to move it around. Alternatively, clicking anywhere inside the slider rectangle will move the handle to the point you are aiming at.
- Pink restricted zone: dose settings cannot be placed above or below their adjacent settings, keeping them in order.
- Orange striped zone: This represents the restriction on proximity between doses due to text size. Moving the slider handle into the zone, or moving the zone into the slider handle by manipulating the slider above, will result in a text error.
- Red striped zone: This represents the restriction on proximity between doses due to the dose selector mechanics. Moving the slider handle into the zone, or moving the zone into the slider handle by manipulating the slider above, will result in a mechanics error.
- Input box: This shows the current dose value that the slider handle currently points at. By clicking on the number, you may enter a dose value between 0 and 0.6 mL. Pressing enter or clicking away from the input box will update the value.
- Orangehighlighted numbers indicate that custom text dimensions/symbols are required for the highlighted setting.
- Redhighlighted numbers indicate that a mechanics error has occurred due to the highlighted setting.
- Play button: Clicking this button will play the animation for the dose next to it. (The buttons will not show on smaller mobile devices in portrait mode. Try turning your device to landscape mode to reveal the play buttons.)
The maximum dose slider has a slightly different format:
- Grey striped zone: If the maximum dose is between 0.3 mL and 0.6 mL, the 0.6 mL dose platform will be used. Doses on the 0.6 mL platform must use even hundredths of a mL, for example: 0.60 mL, 0.58 mL, 0.56 mL etc - this is represented by the grey zone. Moving the maximum dose into the grey zone will spawn grey zones on the other sliders, since all doses must follow this rule.
To set a dose regimen:
- Specify how many doses are in the regimen using the selector menu (a).
- Slide the sliders (e), using the slider handle (g) to match the dose regimen you want to achieve in the order specified in selector menu (b).
- Observe the message (c) and dose value colours (k) to check whether the dose regimen will fit on the pen.
- If more information is required about the current dose regimen, click the information button (d).
Creating a shortcut on mobile devices (Android, iOS)
The D-Flex dose configuration tool is able to function as a standalone application on mobile devices. To enable this functionality, please follow the relevant steps for your mobile device, detailed below.
iOS devices (Safari)
- Navigate to the main app page
- Tap the Sharebutton
- Tap the "Add to Home Screen" icon
Android devices (Chrome)
- Navigate to the main app page
- Tap the Morebutton
- Tap the "Add to Home screen" menu item
|Page does not load||
|Page has been blocked||
|Page becomes unresponsive||